Monday, May 04, 2009

Movie Review: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (No Spoilers)

Look, I'm not a movie critic. I just know what I like and don't like. Being a fan of the X-Men trilogy I was excited about the release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

While it wasn't a bad movie, I was somewhat disappointed. The cinematography left something to be desired as well as the special effects. Some of the CG was noticeably bad.

Hugh Jackman was a bright spot in this movie. He made you feel what Wolverine was feeling. I was pleasantly surprised by Taylor Kitsch who played Gambit/Remy LeBeau. We may see him in future X-Men films.

The script left too many loose ends. Also, it took too long to get into the "meat" of the story.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 6.

1 comment:

Nomad said...

something that would have fixed this movie in a lot of ways: making it R-Rated. Then they wouldn't have had to try so hard to make an inherently gorey comic book character "family friendly."