Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea Party, Hangin' Judge Style

I attended a local tea party this afternoon along with about 600 of my fellow overtaxed citizen brothers and sisters. This event was very poorly advertised so I was expecting to see about 150-200 people there.

There were quite a few speakers during the three hour event. Most talked about fiscal responsibility and overtaxation. However, as I walked around and spoke with the average Joe Citizens in the crowd, a recurring theme was taking shape. It may sound familiar to you. It should. It is from the Declaration of Independence.

BTW, this town is primarily known for hanging criminals - the home town of "The Hangin' Judge", Isaac C. Parker. The tea party was held on the grounds of the courthouse and gallows. You can see the old courthouse in the background of one of the photos above. I'm not implying anything. Just free, historical information.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
For that statement, I have solidified my place in the files of the Department of Homeland Security. I, though completely harmless, am viewed as a radical, right-wing terrorist.

I apologize for the quality of the photos. I forgot my camera and had to take these with my cell phone.

No comments: