Sunday, January 21, 2007

Is America Doomed?

I just read a post on RedState.com where a depressed person said they felt like America as we knew it during the Reagan years (and prior) is being dismantled and that Americans just don't care anymore about things that are important. That post really hit home with me and I posted a response. Here it is:

Sometimes I feel the same way. I have a book I would highly recommend. It is called "Reagan In His Own Hand". When I get depressed about the liberals who control Congress and our courts, when I get depressed about Republican cowards who abandon their principles, I read things from this book and they inspire me. They inspire me because I see how one man who had high ideals and who believed in America, was able to change this nation in a powerful way. In a very short time America went from a "malaise" to "morning". It truly was "morning in America again".

We must remember that this country is not governed by politicians or by judges, but by the will of the people. Therefore, it is incumbent upon those of us who have been enlightened to the truth, to educate those others who have been misinformed by various individuals and organizations. Yes, it will be a fight, but the future of this country is at stake and the freedom of our children and grandchildren is at stake. If your child or grandchild were taken prisoner, to what lengths would you go to see them freed?

We must fight and we must win. Be depressed if you must, but use that emotion to build a desire in you to change this nation. As the young soldier in Reagan's inaugural speech said, "...I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone."

Steve Lockridge
http://redstateconservative.blogspot.com

-- Today we did what we had to do. They counted on America to be passive. They counted wrong. -- Ronald Reagan

Please, don't give up on America. We are the only ones who can steer the ship back to the right direction.

No comments: