Sunday, November 09, 2008

Comment Guidelines

I've never setup commenting guidelines for this blog so here are a few to start with. As more necessary guidelines become apparent I will update this post.

  1. Please feel free to express your opinions about issues, liberals, conservatives, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, etc. I am a strong supporter of the First Amendment.
  2. This blog is not a democracy. Therefore, I reserve the right to reject any comment for any reason. Below are some of those reasons.
  3. I will not publish comments that include personal attacks on anyone unless they are relevant to public issues.
  4. Inflammatory comments that target a specific group of people because of race, gender, or religion will not be published. What is or is not inflammatory is solely my call.
  5. Comments that incite people to vandalize property or to cause harm to another person will not be published. Again, solely my call on what qualifies.
  6. I will not publish comments that are factually incorrect.
  7. If you are offended by a post or comment on this blog, that's your problem. Grow up, get tougher skin, and share your opinions on the issue.
  8. I reserve the right to amend this list at any time without notice.

Example:
ACCEPTABLE COMMENT: "Barack Obama used poor judgment in choosing his friends and associates which included terrorists."
UNACCEPTABLE COMMENT: "Barack Obama is a Muslim terrorist."

No comments: