Monday, October 20, 2008

The Last Hypocritical Straw

I do my best to remain calm when writing about hypocrisy in government and in the media. To do that I wait until my blood temperature drops below the boiling point before writing. But some things continue to generate heat and I just have to vent before I explode.

This AP story about Republican lobbyists being hired to coax Republican congressmen into voting against regulation for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is the absolute last straw. It is the most biased, ironic, ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time. Let's completely ignore the Democrats who set this up, manipulated it to "spread the wealth around", leaned on people to "spread the wealth around", didn't have a clue when things were going south, denied that there were problems in these institutions, then lied when the problems became public. If this fiasco had been perpetrated by Republicans we would have been in the second month of a congressional investigation and people's heads would be rolling.

You media people make me sick. You are by far the biggest collection of hypocrites in this country. You are all just a bunch of liberals who parade yourselves as unbiased. Bull! That makes you hypocrites AND liars! You need to start reporting and stop distorting. Or you need to go write fiction because you have plenty of experience at it.

UPDATE: Orson Scott Card, a Democrat and columnist, has a fantastic article on this subject here. (Hat Tip: LGF)

No comments: