Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Liberals Read More Books Than Conservatives

When I first saw this story I honestly wondered why it is that liberals read more books than conservatives, and if that is a true statement. I have concluded that it is true but I completely disagree with the following assessment.

"The Karl Roves of the world have built a generation that just wants a couple slogans: 'No, don't raise my taxes, no new taxes,'" Pat Schroeder, president of the American Association of Publishers, said in a recent interview. "It's pretty hard to write a book saying, 'No new taxes, no new taxes, no new taxes' on every page."

That is an inaccurate, unnecessary, vile attack against conservatives and it really angers me. Stupid liberal Democrat hack!

Just to show there are no hard feelings, I would like to present my own assessment.

There are more liberal and moderate authors than there are conservative authors. Therefore, there is a larger amount of fiction available for the liberals to read. Conservative readers stick to facts and truth which are in short supply in the publishing industry.

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! Oops, sorry! That's something only conservatives do, right?

No comments: