Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Voted!

Today at 12:10 pm Central Time, I did my civic duty and voted. In every race where there was a Republican candidate, I voted for the Republican. Where there was no Republican candidate, I abstained. Where there was no party affiliation, I voted for the conservative.

You see, I didn't blindly vote Republican like Democrats blindly vote for Democrats. I am not a mind-numbed robot. I researched each candidate and the issues, and from that analysis, made my choices.

Would I have voted for a conservative Democrat over a moderate Republican? Without a doubt I would have, but I didn't have that choice in this election.

Play-by-Play:

There was no one voting when I got to the polling place. There were two poll workers and two observers. I personally knew the Republican poll worker and we exchanged greetings. I showed my voter registration card and the Democratic poll worker glared at me as if she was watching a suspected shoplifter. I completed my ballot and fed it into the machine, and made sure the counter went up one as my ballot was pulled in.

No comments: