Monday, October 16, 2006

Who Should Be Our Next President?

Today has been somewhat of a slow news day where politics are concerned, with the exception of the same old stories that are getting hashed over and over. So I thought I would take a few minutes to tell you who I think should be our next president. I am only considering leadership ability only here, not electability, or whether they will run.

There are some capable people in the GOP who could lead this country down a solid path. There aren't any I could say that I agree with on every issue. Some are too fiscally moderate and some are too socially moderate. Some who are likely to run just aren't qualified.

There are some brilliant people in the Republican party like Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Condoleezza Rice, Rudy Giuliani, and many more. However, there is one person who seems to have an understanding of issues beyond most other people. He is a scholarly thinker and a proven leader. He knows how to get things done. As a matter of fact, he directed the Republican Party into a takeover of the House and Senate in 1994 with his "Contract For America."

Yes, I am talking about Newt Gingrich. If he runs in 2008, he will have my full support. He is not liked by the left so his electability is questionable. But I think he would make a great president.

www.newt.org

No comments: