Sunday, October 29, 2006

Michael J. Fox: Shill or Puppet?

Michael J. Fox and I are essentially the same age so I grew up watching his movies. He is a great actor and seeing him suffer from Parkinson's Disease is difficult.

I truly believe Michael J. Fox is all about finding a cure for Parkinson's. He says he is not tied to one political party and I believe him. He says he is not a shill for the Democrats and I believe him.

From the time I saw the ad he did for Claire McCaskill I wondered if he knew the content of Amendment 2. In his interview with George Stephanopoulos, Michael J. Fox said about Amendment 2:

And so I have to qualify it by saying I'm not qualified to speak on the page-to-page content of the initiative...On full disclosure, I haven't read it...

Michael J. Fox is a "big boy" (in his own words) and he can make judgements for himself. He should have read Amendment 2 to learn what it says. But he didn't.

I believe the Democrats lied to him about Amendment 2, Claire McCaskill, and Jim Talent, to get him to do that spot. Because he wasn't given the facts, he unknowingly was used as a puppet by the Dems.

Rush Limbaugh made an errant speculation and the MSM continues to saturate us with it. He apologized and that should be the end of it. In interviews, I think MJF has handled it pretty well. He could have erupted into a raging liberal tyrade but he hasn't.

Michael J. Fox is no shill. But if he isn't more careful, he could wind up as one.

No comments: