Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ann, Your Mother's Eulogy Was Personal For Me

This post is dedicated to my grandmother who passed away August 17, 2008.


Unfortunately for us, there is only one Ann Coulter. Too many people in the media are conciliatory and politically correct. Not Ann. Despite her abrasive personality (abrasive to liberals and moderates), her recent mother's passing has shown us a very different Ann.

Ann, your mother's eulogy was wonderful and very personal for me. I was raised by my grandmother who took me into her care when I was six months old to give me a chance at a better life. While she was working class and always considered herself to be a Democrat, it was the strong moral foundation and sense of personal responsibility she taught me that made me the strong conservative I am today. Also to her credit, by the time Bill Clinton made it to the national scene, she was voting Republican.

It was the excerpt below from the eulogy that got to me. It was very personal for me. You see, I lost my grandmother last August quickly and unexpectedly. She was 91 years old but was in reasonably good health. A doctor's change in hypertension medication precipitated a hemorrhagic stroke within 24 hours. I never got to say 'goodbye'. I never got to say 'thank you'. Opportunities were there but I never took them.
And I'll never see my mother's beautiful face again, at least not for the next several decades here on Earth. I've been looking at her across the room in doctors' offices over the past few years, thinking to myself: There will come a point when you won't see that face again.

Her angelic face always looked like home to me. My whole life, as soon as I'd see my mother's face I'd know I was safe, whether I was a little girl lost in a department store or a big girl with a problem, who needed her mother.
If there is someone who has had a positive impact on your life, let them know now. You may not get another chance.

No comments: