Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bring It On Chris!

Self-proclaimed "independent" Chris Matthews of MSNBC's Hardball said that if bloggers accused him of being partisan after the GOP presidential debate, he would "go rip".

Having the personality that I do, I love a challenge or a threat. 99 percent of the time I am quiet and soft-spoken. But if you challenge me on something I am passionate about, you will see a different side of me.

Admit it Chris, you are on the left-side of center. You are not a moderate or an independent. I used to enjoy watching your show until I began to see the liberal in you come out. I saw it again in the GOP presidential debate. It was somewhat subtle, but yet it was there. You have a latent dislike of conservative politicians.

When you interview Democrats, at times I have thought you should change the name of your show to Softball. In your defense, I have seen you occasionally grill a liberal who is leaning too far left.

Regardless, the bottom line is that you should remain completely objective without any bias in your questions and responses during a debate, but you can't. I do not condemn you for that. What I do take issue with is your attempt to inaccurately paint yourself as an "independent".

No comments: