Saturday, June 30, 2007

Amnesty: Good For America?

UPDATE: The most active commenter on the Internet (Anonymous) has brought it to my attention that because I am against amnesty I am racist. Anonymous says that I need to get the facts and back up my posts with evidence, while he/she stated that 94% of illegal immigrant males are in the work force (with absolutely no evidence to support this).

We have immigration laws for a reason. We need to protect our citizens from the unrestricted entry of people whose intent is to do harm. We need to protect our workers' jobs by not allowing a population spike and cause people to have to compete for jobs. This has nothing to do with race. As I said in my original post, my mother is Hispanic and immigrated here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the last few weeks I have racked my brain to come up with a reason why our government would want to overlook crime, overlook the drain it would put on our coffers, overlook history, and overlook the wishes of the American people (including many legal immigrants) to give amnesty to 12,000,000 illegal immigrants.

To be honest, I can't figure it out. But I have a strong suspicion. I don't believe it is because they are much more intelligent than we are and they see the positive aspects. If that was the case, they would be blasting it all over the media. No, there is something they know that they don't want us to know. I am sure some smart person out there has figured it out. If you have, please share it with us.

Take this stupid comment by RNC Chair Mel Martinez:

“The voices of negativity now have a responsibility to come up with an answer. How will you fix the situation to make peoples’ lives better? How will you continue to grow the economy? How will we bring people out of the shadows for our national security and for the sake of being a country that is just?”

Spoken like a true moderate. It is not our responsibility to make peoples' lives better. That is their responsibility and they must do it, legally. I could make my life better by robbing a bank but I would also go to prison for it. If I knew the government would give me a pardon (or amnesty), then I wouldn't be as concerned about doing it. I'm having a hard time understanding how this bill would grow our economy. Don't tell me it's that garbage about illegal immigrants doing jobs that Americans won't.

My favorite comment by Martinez is the "out of the shadows comment". Can you imagine this? Amnesty passes. 12,000,000 illegal immigrants (sorry, legal now) line up to become documented.

Government Agent: "State your name please."
Immigrant: "Jose Cuervo."
GA: "Do you have a job?"
I: "No, I'm an MS-13 gang member."
GA: "You can't be given amnesty if you are a gang member."
I: "Okay. I'll quit the gang."
GA: "Fine. Sign here. Welcome to America. Go over there to sign up for all of your free stuff and benefits."

Compare that to the red-blooded American war veteran who goes into a gun store to buy a rifle for hunting.

Store Clerk: "Why do you want a rifle?"
Veteran: "For hunting deer."
SC: "Have you ever committed a crime?"
V: "No."
SC: "Fill out this form that has 75 questions on it, show me 8 forms of photo ID, and we'll check you out with the FBI to make sure you aren't a threat to Americans. We'll get back to you in a few days."


I don't understand why this amnesty bill was written to treat illegal immigrants like royalty. They were being offered benefits that Americans aren't offered. They were being given preference over immigrants who are trying to come here legally.

I am not a racist and I don't hate these people. Many of them are good people who just want a better life for their family. My mother's family immigrated here from Venezuela (legally). Note: Thank God they got out before that moron took over down there. Mark my words, we will have to deal with him sooner or later.

It is our responsibility to control our borders and control immigration. As it is, we don't have any idea who comes in and who goes out. That is extremely dangerous and will catch up with us someday.

Carte blanche amnesty is bad for America. If it comes up again, we must fight again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i have just received my green card and i am the happiest i have ever been in my entire life. i know most of u dont agree with helping the "illigals", but if u just sit down with any of them u would prob change ur mind. They are not criminals, they are just people like everyone else that just want make something of themselves,give their family hope, a future. They take risks of bein treaded like nobody's and still have strenght to get up in the morning everyday with knowing that maybe one day their dream might come true and see the people they left behind. we are not much different then anyone else, only people with hopes and dreams of a better day.

Anonymous said...

Actually, you should get the facts. 94% of male illegal immigrants are in the workforce. Also, most of the illegal immigrants pay taxes and pay into social security, even though they will never benefit from social security as long as they are illegal.
Also, if our immigration policy wasn't so horrible that people have to wait for about a decade before being given a vias, then they wouldn't have to come here illegally.
Most of these people come here because they need to support themselves and their families. Mexico doesn't have options for a lot of the immigrants who come from there because NAFTA took jobs away from Mexico.
If you are going to have an intelligent article, then you need to get the facts. I would have at least respected your article if you had not said so many blatently racist (whether you realize it or not) comments and if you hadn't made comments with no evidence to support your claims.
We have an obligation to at least treat these people with dignity and respect. I hate to tell you this, but it is racist to say that they will all go and get free benefits from our country and that they belong in gangs.