Monday, November 20, 2006

Newt For President '08?

Several times in this blog I have said that Newt Gingrich is our best choice for president in 2008. The problem? He isn't running. Or is he?

Here's an excerpt from an interview in Fortune magazine (thanks to RedState.com):

"I am not 'running' for president. I am seeking to create a movement to win the future by offering a series of solutions so compelling that if the American people say I have to be president, it will happen."

While other potential competitors like Arizona Senator John McCain, former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, and Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney build staff and hire consultants, Gingrich revealed to Fortune that he plans to create a draft-Newt "wave" by building grassroots support for his health care, national security and energy independence ideas--all of which he has been peddling to corporate audiences over the past six years. "Nice people," Gingrich says of his GOP competitors. "But we're not in the same business. They're running for president. I'm running to change the country."

1 comment:

MR said...

I'll support Mitt, as long as he don't let them queers get married. That's issue #1 for me.
www.minor-ripper.blogspot.com