Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Lot To Be Thankful For

This time of year a lot of people are making lists of things they are thankful for. I have a lot to be thankful for so I want to throw my hat in the ring.

  • I am thankful for my family. I have the best wife and kids in the world. I can't imagine life without them. They bring happiness into my life.

  • I am thankful for my friends. They keep me in line, help me when I am down, and give me unsolicited advice even when I don't want it. (just kidding)

  • I am thankful for all of the men and women who choose to serve in the United States military. If you want to see me, a person who is very docile, get visibly angry, just say something negative about our soldiers. My brother is a Master Sergeant in the USAF, my brother-in-law is a Warrant Officer in the US Army, one of my best friends in the world is a Major in the US Army (soon to be Lt. Colonel), and my next-door neighbor is a Major in the US Army. All of them have served in the Middle East and some in Iraq. I am thankful that they all came home safely.

  • I am thankful for the men, women, and children who were fed up with tyranny and oppression, and gave their lives to create the greatest nation on Earth, the one we call America. They had a vision like no other in history, that the individual had a right to be free and could achieve great things if he were unencumbered by governmental control.

  • I am thankful for conservatives and libertarians who understand that big government limits the freedom and success of the individual, thereby limiting the freedom and success of the state, and of the nation.

  • I am thankful for all of the right-wing bloggers/media personalities out there who give of their time to expose wrongs and inform others of the truth. Some I have been honored to personally correspond with and get to know. If I start listing I am going to be in trouble but here I go (in alphabetical order):
    BlackFive
    Captain's Quarters
    David Limbaugh
    David J. Sanders
    Little Green Footballs
    Matt Drudge
    Michelle Malkin
    NWA Politics
    RedState.com

  • I am thankful for the liberal Democratic leadership in Congress. There isn't anything better the GOP could do to strengthen their party than to let these people implement their Contract On America. We'll see you in 2008.

  • I am thankful for Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton. These are the two people who I give credit to for my strong, conservative beliefs. Ronald Reagan started it in 1980 and Bill Clinton solidified it throughout the 1980's and early 1990's. By the time Clinton ran for president, I knew liberalism was a cancer that had to be defeated.

  • I am thankful for a God who takes a personal interest in each one of us. I am thankful that He is a God of love and peace, not of hatred and violence. I am thankful that despite the fact that we are wretched, ungrateful beings, that we have been given the opportunity to bridge the chasm that we created between us and God with our self-centeredness.

It would behoove each of us to reflect on all of the things we have to be thankful for and to make thankfulness a part of our daily lives, rather than just one day a year.

I wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: